At The Enchanted Garden Day Nursery we have been inspired by the Reggio Emilia educational philosophy.
The Enchanted Garden Day Nursery, focuses on your child’s style of learning. All children are unique and so are their learning styles. It is our job to make sure that the best opportunities for learning are as individual as the children in our care. Adopting the Reggio Emilia approach means building firm relationships with you, the parents, as well as your child. We know that each family unit is unique, so we adapt our environment according to the needs of the families in our care. This creates, healthy, confident little explores who are happy to take risks, in a safe and challenging environment. We encourage and support our parents with the day to day challenges that they face when trying to juggle work and home life.
We consider ourselves to be ‘Your extended family’.
Key Points & Benefits to
the Reggio Emilia Approach
Reggio Emilia is a town in Northern Italy that developed its own unique philosophy of early childhood education. Reggio Emilia educational philosophy believes in using every part of the child’s experience including their environment, teachers and parents to learn through curiosity and discovery.
- Teachers possess a greater knowledge of the children they work with
- Are able to document more observations and experiences
- Creates a stronger bond between teacher and children
- Teachers value the importance of children being confused and working through difficult tasks with limited information
- Teachers create an environment that stimulates learning
- Teachers focus on children’s development of symbolic language and expression (drawing, sculpture, dramatic play and writing).
- Children’s projects (art, poems etc) are displayed on the walls throughout the nursery.
- There is no hurry to cover a particular lesson. Structure is provided by freedom of expression which sets the pace.
- Plenty of time for spontaneous play with abundant resources.